All the Onboard lingo explained
We know that some of the terms that we use are a little nontraditional, that's why we broke down every common term in the product:
- Onboarder: This is the person that is responsible for onboarding customers.
- Onboardee: This is the end user, in most cases, the customer that is being onboarded.
- Assignee - The person who is assigned a specific task.
- Owner - The Onboarder that is responsible for the customer's onboarding.
- Variable - A way to group clients by unique attributes.
Examples: Pricing Plan, Integration Type, Service Level
- Variable Option - The options that fall under the unique variable.
Examples: Starter, Professional, Enterprise are options under Pricing Plan
- Task - An item that must be accomplished in the onboarding experience.
Example: Update your company branding and notification preferences.
- Section - A group of tasks.
- Map - A Map is a dynamic checklist created for each customer and can be used to collaborate during onboarding.
- Map Status - There are several statuses that a Map can be in at any given time. By default the status automatically updated based on the definitions below:
- New: No action has been taken.
- In Progress: At least one task has been completed.
- Launched: All tasks have been completed.
- Stalled: One or more tasks are overdue.
- Outboard - This is the clients view of the Map. The Outboard provides quick access to the customer's task and does not require a username/password to access.