A quick tutorial to adding Customers
Adding a Customer Before Creating a Map:
- To add a Customer to Onboard before creating a Map, start by click the Customers tab.
- Next click the "+ Add customer" button in the upper right hand corner.
- From there you're able to enter the Customer name, Domain, and External ID.
Tip: By entering the domain, Onboard will attempt to bull in the customer's logo, so you don't have to manually upload it.
- Additionally, the External ID can be use to track between Onboard an another system, like your CRM.
- After clicking "Save" the new Company is created!
Adding a Customer while creating a Map:
- Another option is to create the Customer while you are creating the Map. Start by clicking "Maps".
- Click "+ Add Map".
- Next you'll be able to enter the Map Name and the Customer Name.
- Map Name: Typically our customers will use a naming convention, such as [Company Name] - [Customer Type] or [Customer Name] - [Month/Year]
- Company Name: This is where you start creating a new Company.
- Once you start typing the Company name, you'll notice there will be an option to "+ Add a new company".
- Click "+ Add a new Company" and Onboard will automatically create the new company.
Editing or Archiving a Customer:
To edit or archive a Customer, navigate to the Customers tab. Then click the dots next to the company and select the action you want to take.